Dhonke Kafi, SH, MSc, LLM
Mr. Dhonke Kafi is one of the founding partners of DKMS Lawyers. He obtained a Bachelor degree from Trisakti University majoring in International and Business Law. He continued his study at Aston University in the United Kingdom where he obtained an MSc in Business Management. After years of practicing he was awarded Chevening Scholarship from British Government allowing him to pursue another master’s degree at Queen Mary University of London and awarded LLM in International Economic Law.
Prior to forming DKMS Lawyers he worked for a tier law firm in Jakarta and a number of international organizations such as United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and the World Bank. One of his noble assignments is when he involved in tsunami rehabilitation and reconstruction activities through Badan Rehabilitas Rekonstruksi Aceh dan Nias (“BRR”) where he worked as a technical advisor for its legal unit. BRR is the government agency at ministry level established to perform post tsunami rehabilitation and reconstruction in Aceh and Nias island. During his tenure, he advised the head of BRR on the legal aspects to numerous regulations and decrees he produced. Besides, he assisted to mediate numerous disputes between International NGOs and their contractors.
- LLM in International Economic Law, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- MSc in Business and Human Resources Management, Aston University Birmingham, UK
- Bachelor of Law Degree (SH), Trisakti University
- Advocate by PERADI, Indonesia
- Solicitor, United Kingdom (Candidate)
Other Professional Qualifications
- APMG Certified PPP Professional (CP3P) Foundation Examination
- Licensed Intellectual Property Rights Consultant
- Certified Procurement Specialist
- Indonesia (Mother Tounge)
- English (Advanced)
- Japanese (N5)